|Duration:||09 hours (2-days)|
|Schedule:||Once per month (Please contact to register for upcoming next batch)|
|Fee:||$549 + HST|
|Accreditation Expiry Date||2022-08-04|
|Campus:||5481 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON M9B 1B5|
T: (416) 233-7869
About Administration of Drugs by Injection Program:
The Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics is pleased to announce a two-day CCCEP Accredited Program on Administration of Drugs by Injection Program for Pharmacy and Other HealthCare Professionals. Administration of Drugs by Injection Program is one of the program areas which is accredited under CCCEP’s Competency Mapped Certificate Program Accreditation Policy. The program addresses the 7 competencies approved by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) in November 2012. In the current healthcare system, pharmacy-based flu vaccine clinics are common. Patients and family care giver expect pharmacy technicians to be knowledgeable about vaccines and injectable medications. Pharmacy Technicians are becoming more and more involved in providing a variety of vaccination services.
The learning activities are based on Knowledge-Based Learning Activities and Practice-Based Learning Activities. The program is designed for Pharmacists and Health professionals and front-line workers to understand the concepts of Administration of Drugs by Injection Program and to safely administer them. The program is delivered by a certified professional. The concepts of patient safety and use of PPE are included as well.
Who should take the course:
This program is designed to cater all types of healthcare professionals:
- Pharmacy Technician and you are a pharmacy technician intern student within three months of graduating AND you have a Canadian pharmacy technician license number.
- Nurses (RN, LPN) and Internationally Educated Health Professionals.
- Convenient class schedule
- Small group of students for individualized attention and best practical learning experience
- Experienced faculty with vast Healthcare knowledge to help students throughout the course
- Hands- on practice
- Highly interactive sessions
- Ongoing career coaching and guidance from experts in the field
- Mentorship that will help to build valuable personal and professional networks
- Recommendation letters- for best students
- Stackable credential
- Certificate of Attendance given on successful completion
This program is based on live learning activities and live workshop with hands-on exercise. The learning activities are based Knowledge-Based Learning Activities and Practice-Based Learning Activities. This program provides the background knowledge required to administer injections to patients and covers the following topics:
- Essential Competencies for Injection of Other Substances
- Intramuscular Injections
- Intradermal and Subcutaneous Injections
- Administration of Immunizing Agents
- Patient Monitoring after Injections
- Storage and Handling of Immunization Agents
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Immunization
- Documentation and Immunization Records
- Immunization – A Population Based Health Strategy
This Program provides comprehensive modules. This is essential for gaining a full understanding of administration of drugs including vaccines by injections. The required readings are compiled in the respective modules.
Successful completion of this course is a prerequisite for the National Injectable Medication and Vaccine Administration Workshop.
Administration of Drugs by Injection Program are one of the program areas which is accredited under CCCEP’s Competency Mapped Certificate Program Accreditation Policy. The program addresses the 7 competencies approved by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) in November 2012.
Free parking, easily accessible through public transport like subway (Kipling Station) and TTC buses 111, 112,123 and 76, 1, 101 from Mississauga, close to highways.