IMPROVING BLACK YOUTH REPRESENTATION
IN HEALTH SECTOR TECHNOLOGIES
The Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics (CCHAP) is pleased to announce a new funding program available to upskill and place Ontarian Black youth and early career professionals in high-paying jobs in the health sector in Toronto/ Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
With the help of the Ministry of Citizenship and Multiculturalism (MCM), we plan to provide anti-racism leadership and expertise to eliminate systemic barriers and promote racial equity, leading to greater opportunities for people and prosperity for the province of Ontario.
Under the Black Youth Action Plan (BYAP), CCHAP aims to improve the access of Black youth and early career professionals for in-demand skills in medical diagnostics, clinical research, and business analytics by offering hands-on training with job experience. We will be offering 100% funding for the following three industry-specific micro-credentials and up-skilling workshops:
- Phlebotomy Certificate Program – Micro-Credential leading to Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Clinical Research Essentials Micro-Credential Program
- Healthcare & Business Analytics Micro-Credential Program
The eligibility criteria for this program are following:
- You are a Black young person aged 18 to 34 years (Required)
- Completed high school diploma with subjects including English, Biology, and Mathematics or equivalent (Required)
- Aptitude towards working in the health sector and innovative clinical research or business analytics (Required)
- Completion or enrolment in a health-sector-focused post-secondary program (preferred)
**The term “Black” is being used in its most inclusive sense to reflect the diverse ancestry, origins, ethnic identities, languages, and religious beliefs of individuals of African and Caribbean descent. The term is based on self-identification, is not mutually exclusive, and is recognized by Statistics Canada)**
Please use the form below to submit your application into this program. The information in this form will help us to determine your eligibility for the funding. Once the form is submitted, we will begin processing your application and get back to you via email.
Please note that those with Work Permit and/or International Study Permit are not eligible to apply for this program.