Hands-on Workshop using OSCAR®
About Electronic Medical Records (EMR) & OHIP Billing Workshop:
An Electronic Medical Record(EMR) is a computer-based patient medical record used by physicians, nurses and administrative staff.
Health Office Professionals play important roles in the patient flow of every health care office. As part of your role, a Health Office Professional must be familiar with the technology that is now used to provide better patient care and streamline the workflow of the office. Electronic Medical Record for the Health Office Professional is designed to introduce you to the concepts, knowledge, and skills you will need to be successful as a Health Office Professional.
About our program:
The Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics is pleased to offer the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) hands-on workshop. The program will introduce you to one of the most used EMR program in the Canadian medical office, the OSCAR. The workshop includes theory and hands-on sessions. The program is designed to introduce the concepts, knowledge, and skills needed as a successful Health Office Professional. This course will enhance your profile, sharpen your transferable skills and prepare you for working in Canadian Clinical environment. One of the strengths of this program is also to cover the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) billing codes. Knowledge of these codes is essential for healthcare professionals working in medical offices. The program can be very useful for International medical graduates and undergraduate students in health science looking for experience in medical office.
Who should take the course:
The unique program is ideal for future healthcare professionals:
- Medical office assistants
- Undergraduate students
- International medical and nursing graduates
- Post-secondary health sciences students wishing to work in a medical office
- Convenient class schedule
- Small group of students for individualized attention and best practical learning experience
- Experienced faculty with vast Healthcare knowledge to help students throughout the course
- Ongoing career coaching and guidance from experts in the field
- Mentorship that will help to build valuable personal and professional networks
- Recommendation letters- for best students
- Stackable credential
- Certificate given on successful completion
Duration: 12 hours over 2 days (9am to 3pm).
- Introduction to the components of EMR
- Basics of OSCAR/ ABELMed Medical Software
- OSCAR/ ABELMed Scheduling & Encounters
- Booking appointments, physicians dashboard, patient progress notes, managing tasks
- Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) procedures.
- Cumulative Patient Profile (CPP), orders and results, tickler, and disease registry etc.
- CPP- e-referral; electronic documents; writing prescriptions; maintaining prescriptions
- CPP-e-form, creating referral Templates; referral content templates; e-documents
Corporate fees available for organizations.
Schedule: Ongoing 2021: Twice every month (weekends, Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 3pm). During COVID-19 pandemic, the classes are on Zoom. Batches are kept small (max 5 students).
Free parking, easily accessible through public transport like subway (Kipling Station) and TTC buses 111, 112,123 and 76, 1, 101 from Mississauga, close to highways.