Phlebotomy Certificate Program – Micro-credential leading to CPT (Certified Phlebotomy Technician) – June intake
June 13, 2023
Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics (Toronto campus)
The Phlebotomy Certificate program is a stand-alone program to prepare for the Certified Phlebotomy Technician credential offered by the Canadian Phlebotomy Technician Group Inc. (CPTG). The CPT credential eligibility requires post-secondary studies in health sciences or work experience. This program is designed to fill the gaps for the candidates who will like to challenge the CPT exam. The program is also open to Internationally Educated Health Professionals. The CPT exam fees (one attempt) and the CPTG membership fees are included as part of the program admission.
This program is designed for anyone planning to become a “Certified Phlebotomy Technician” with the following educational qualifications.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (70% score or higher in English, Maths and Biology)
- Undergraduate students in health and life sciences (University students are also accepted)
- Post-secondary certificate or Diploma in Health Sciences (e.g., PSW Certificate)
- Internationally Educated Health Professionals
Program outline is as following:
- Module 1: Standards of Practice & Ethics; Canadian Healthcare (1 day)
- Module 2: Anatomy, Physiology & Medical Terminology (1 day)
- Module 3: Asepsis, Infection Control and WHMIS (1 day)
- Module 4: Phlebotomy – Basic (2 days including 1 day in-person)
- Module 5: Phlebotomy – Procedure (3 days including 1 day in-person
The program delivery is as following: Hybrid program of 39 hours in total.
- Instructor-led Zoom sessions on six weekdays – 4:30pm-9pm (27 hours)
- In-person – two Saturdays (12 hours) from 10 am to 4 pm
The program at the Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics is eligible for tax credits under the Canada Skills Credit program. The College also works with financial institutions including Windmill Mircro-lending to arrange support for student loans.