October 22, 2023
Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics (Toronto campus)
Phlebotomy is an integral part of modern-day health care system, making required knowledge of the procedure and its associated steps, a very significant tool for all the medical office team members. This dynamic workshop program on Phlebotomy is aimed to dispense the knowledge of the procedure and skills necessary to draw blood and other specimens and other associated steps involved in medical settings, using proper techniques and universal precautions.
This program is ideal for undergraduate students, international medical graduates (IMGs), internationally trained health professionals, nurses (RN, RPN), lab technicians, medical lab assistants, and emergency Medical Technicians.
This one-day (6 hour) workshop helps you learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
- Patient interaction and related legal, ethical and safety issues
- Patient identification and lab requisition form
- Venipuncture equipment and Vacuumed blood collection system
- Safety and Universal Precautions in handling the samples
- Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
- Hands- on Practical training on blood and specimen collection
- Preparing blood collection site and proper managing of the collected sample
A workshop certificate is issued by the Canadian College of Healthcare & Pharmaceutics.
The program is recognized by the Canadian Phlebotomy Technician Group Inc., an independent licensing body. Students interested in licensing are eligible for discounts using promo codes.
The workshop is recognized by different health facilities across Ontario including the LMC Manna, Shouldice Hospital, MedCan, and the UHN Clinical research.
All students receive tax credit receipts.