|Schedule:||Weekends or Weekdays – Once per month (Please contact to register for upcoming next batch)|
|Fee:||$799 + HST – https://www.paypal.com/invoice/p/#889TRNV2S68JDDN8|
|Accreditation Expiry Date||May 11, 2023|
|Campus:||5481 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON M9B 1B5|
T: (416) 233-7869
Immunization and Injection Program:
The Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics is pleased to announce a two-day (15 CEU) CCCEP Accredited Program on Immunization and Injection for Pharmacists and RNs/RPNs. Immunization and injection administration are one of the program areas which is accredited under CCCEP’s Competency Mapped Certificate Program Accreditation Policy. The program addresses the 15 competencies approved by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) in November 2012. In the current healthcare system, pharmacy-based flu vaccine clinics are common. Patients and family care giver expect pharmacists to be knowledgeable about vaccines and injectable medications. Pharmacists are becoming more and more involved in providing a variety of vaccination services.
The learning activities are based Knowledge-Based Learning Activities and Practice-Based Learning Activities. The program is designed for Pharmacists and Health professionals and front-line workers to understand the concepts of immunization and injections and to safely administer them. The program is delivered by a certified professional. The concepts of patient safety and use of PPE are included as well.
Who should take the course:
This program is designed to cater all types of healthcare professionals:
- Pharmacists and you are a pharmacy intern/student within six months of graduating AND you have a Canadian pharmacy license number
- Nurses (RN, LPN)
- Convenient class schedule
- Small group of students for individualized attention and best practical learning experience
- Experienced faculty with vast Healthcare knowledge to help students throughout the course
- Hands- on practice
- Highly interactive sessions
- Ongoing career coaching and guidance from experts in the field
- Mentorship that will help to build valuable personal and professional networks
- Recommendation letters- for best students
- Stackable credential
- Certificate of Attendance given on successful completion
This program is based on live learning activities and live workshop with hands-on exercise. The learning activities are based Knowledge-Based Learning Activities and Practice-Based Learning Activities. This program provides the background knowledge required to administer injections to patients and covers the following topics:
- The Immune System and Vaccines
- Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- Vaccine Development and Evaluation
- The Types of Immunizing Agents and Their Composition
- Population Health
- Storage and Handling of Immunization Agents
- Administration of Immunizing Agents
- Adverse Events Following Immunization
- Populations Requiring Special Considerations
- The Canadian Immunization System
- Immunization Issues
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Immunization
- Essential Competencies for Injection of Other Substances
This Program provides comprehensive modules. This is essential for gaining a full understanding of immunizations and its administration. The required readings are compiled in the respective modules.
Successful completion of this course is a prerequisite for the National Injectable Medication and Vaccine Administration Workshop.
Immunization and injection administration are one of the program areas which is accredited under CCCEP’s Competency Mapped Certificate Program Accreditation Policy. The program addresses the 15 competencies approved by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) in November 2012.
Free parking, easily accessible through public transport like subway (Kipling Station) and TTC buses 111, 112,123 and 76, 1, 101 from Mississauga, close to highways.