|Schedule:||Weekends (Saturdays or Sundays)|
|Fee:||For fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-233-7869. Funding and grants are available for eligible students|
|Campus:||5481 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON M9B 1B5|
About our program:
The Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics is pleased to announce a one-day program on Nasopharyngeal Swab. The program is designed for health professionals and frontline workers to understand the concepts of Nasopharyngeal Swab. The program is delivered by a certified professional. The concepts of patient safety are included as well.
Who should take this workshop:
This program is designed to cater all types of healthcare
- Nurses (RN, LPN)
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Medical Lab Technologists / Medical Lab Tech / Assistant (MLT / A)
- International Medical / Nursing Graduates
- Other health professionals
- Scope and Objectives for collecting Respiratory Specimens for testing
- Key elements of diagnostic testing
- Clear understanding of Types of Specimen and priority
- Importance of safe collection and handling of specimen.
- Good knowledge of different respiratory specimen and their technique of collection & handling
- To know how to collect and handle different respiratory specimen, especially Nasopharyngeal swabbing.
- To use prioritization and organization skills to respond with a sense of urgency and meet timelines.
- To know when and how to ask for help from a supervisor, senior clinician and other healthcare professionals.
- To participate in meetings that discuss updates in the sample collection and recognize priorities.
- To develop importance of high level of attention to accuracy and details