|Fee:||For fees, please email email@example.com or call 416-233-7869. Funding and grants are available for eligible students. All students receive tax credit receipts.|
|Campus:||5481 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON M9B 1B5|
Phlebotomy is an integral part of modern-day health care system, making required knowledge of the procedure and its associated steps, a very significant tool for all the medical office team members. This dynamic workshop program on Phlebotomy is aimed to dispense the knowledge of the procedure and skills necessary to draw blood and other specimens and other associated steps involved in medical settings, using proper techniques and universal precautions.
Who should take this workshop:
This program is ideal for undergraduate students, international medical graduates (IMGs), nurses (RN, RPN), lab technicians, medical lab assistants, and emergency Medical Technicians.
- Specialized Institute for Healthcare Professional Training Special
- Advantages from a proper institution rather than individuals
- Highly professional certified instructor
- Convenient class schedule
- Small group of students for individualized attention and best practical learning experience
- Ongoing career coaching and guidance from experts in the field
- Mentorship that will help to build valuable personal and professional networks
- Recommendation letters- for best students
- Stackable credential
- Certificate given on successful completion
- Large number of students already working in industry and laboratories
- Most economical in GTA
Course detail and duration:
This one-day (5 hour) workshop helps you learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
- Patient interaction and related legal, ethical and safety issues
- Patient identification and lab requisition form
- Venipuncture equipment and Vacuumed blood collection system
- Safety and Universal Precautions in handling the samples
- Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
- Hands- on Practical training on blood and specimen collection
- Preparing blood collection site and proper managing of the collected sample
A workshop certificate is issued by the Canadian College of Healthcare & Pharmaceutics.
The program is recognized by the Canadian Phlebotomy Technician Group Inc., an independent licensing body. Students interested in licensing are eligible for discounts using promo codes.
The workshop is recognized by different health facilities across Ontario including the LMC Manna, Shouldice Hospital, MedCan, and the UHN Clinical research.