Phlebotomy is an integral part of modern-day health care system, making required knowledge of the procedure and its associated steps, a very significant tool for all the medical office team members. This dynamic workshop program on Phlebotomy is aimed to dispense the knowledge of the procedure and skills necessary to draw blood and other specimens and other associated steps involved in medical settings, using proper techniques and universal precautions.
This minimum requirement for this program is completion of ≥ 700 hours of post-secondary studies in health sciences or equivalent. The undergraduate students applying to this program should have completed at least two semesters and have completed a course on medical terminology, human anatomy, or human physiology.
The typical audience of this program include:
- undergraduate students in health and/or life sciences,
- nursing graduates (RN, RPN, LPN) or students
- international medical, nursing or pharmacy graduates (IMGs)
- graduates of other health sciences programs (e.g., medical office assistants, PSWs, medical estheticians, lab technicians, medical lab assistants, and emergency medical technicians.)
- research professionals (clinical research assistants, clinical research associates)
- Specialized Institute for Healthcare Professional Training Special
- Advantages from a proper institution rather than individuals
- Highly professional certified instructor
- Convenient class schedule
- Small group of students for individualized attention and best practical learning experience
- Ongoing career coaching and guidance from experts in the field
- Mentorship that will help to build valuable personal and professional networks
- Recommendation letters- for best students
- Stackable credential
- Certificate given on successful completion
- Large number of students already working in industry and laboratories
- Most economical in GTA
This one-day (5 hour) workshop helps you learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
- Patient interaction and related legal, ethical and safety issues
- Patient identification and lab requisition form
- Venipuncture equipment and Vacuumed blood collection system
- Safety and Universal Precautions in handling the samples
- Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
- Hands- on Practical training on blood and specimen collection
- Preparing blood collection site and proper managing of the collected sample
A workshop certificate is issued by the Canadian College of Healthcare & Pharmaceutics.
The program is recognized by the Canadian Phlebotomy Technician Group Inc., an independent licensing body. Students interested in licensing are eligible for discounts using promo codes.
The workshop is recognized by different health facilities across Ontario including the LMC Manna, Shouldice Hospital, MedCan, and the UHN Clinical research.
You can register either by completing the form below or by clicking on the date below (if hyperlink is available)
- Credential: Workshop Certificate
- Duration: 06 Hours
- Schedule: Weekends
- Fee: For fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-233-7869. Funding and grants are available for eligible students. All students receive tax credit receipts.
- Campus: 5481 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON M9B 1B5
T: (416) 233-7869