The South Asian Canadians Health and Social Services (SACHSS) and the Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics (CCHAP) are pleased to announce funded upskilling programs and educational supports for the Internationally Educated Health Professionals (IEHPs) in Ontario. These programs are funded for eligible IEHPs by the Province of Ontario under Skills Development Fund.
- The funding is available to IEHPs who have been impacted by COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., laid-off, reduced hours) or who are planning to work in long-term care as PSWs and require tuition support.
- After careful evaluation and prior learning assessment and recognition, the upskilling programs will be provided to enhance the job readiness. Following programs are funded for eligible candidates.
- Immunization and Injection program (CCCEP accredited)
- Phlebotomy (CPTG Inc. approved)
- Electronic Medical Records | OHIP billing (e.g., OSCAR® Software training)
- Nasopharyngeal swabs
- Vaccine Safety and Pharmacovigilance
- Tuition supports are available for completing PSW Certificate program
- Licensing supports are available for Internationally Educated Nurses and International Medical Graduates to be assessed by the Ontario Personal Support Worker Association (OPSWA)
- Career counselling and employer networking
Kindly use the following form to submit your information: https://forms.office.com/r/ikAdPvm9Q9 (Please note this program is no longer accepting applications as the program was not renewed in 2022-2023 by the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development). This program has more than 585 applicants and 432 training delivered successfully across Ontario between Jun 2021 and March 2022.
If you have any queries, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Workshops are offered to professionals selected by a panel of SACHSS and CCHAP counsellors. Program participants will be required to complete necessary reporting requirements to receive the funding to attend the educational programs and other supports. The program certificates will be issued by the Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics. The college is registered under the Private Career College Act of 2005.