FAQs International Students

FAQs for International Students

Why choose Canada for your international studies? 

In 2022, there were over half a million students who choose Canada for their post-secondary education. Canada offers a variety of vocational programs at Canadian universities, community colleges, private career colleges, and other eligible educational institutions. The proposed programs undergo a rigorous review for their demand within Canada. These programs are also in-demand elsewhere in North America, Western hemisphere, and globally. The graduates of these programs are tracked by the government and non-governmental organizations for their success following the studies. The National Graduate Survey showed that 90% of the graduates of post-secondary programs were employed in 2018. Of those who were hired, 91% were working full time jobs. These are exception performance of the Canadian post-secondary education system. 

What are the benefits of completing studies at private career colleges? 

The Private Career Colleges (PCCs) offer similar levels of vocational training (diploma and certificate studies) that are offered in community colleges and universities. The PCCs offer robust and flexible programming with many programs providing placement and hands-on experience. Given the class sizes are relatively small (average ~10 students per cohort), the instructor to student ratio allows better learning experience for the post-secondary students.  

Why are the application fees $500 and are non-refundable? 

The students or the recruiting agents can contact to determine the eligibility of the prospective students for a given program. We may refuse to further process the student after the preliminary assessment. The application fees are requested from students who are expected to meet the eligibility criteria given they submit the required fees and provide required documentation. These fees are needed to cover the costs for time spent on an applicant as well as preparing required letters. Please note that we provide support to review letters of intent for each applicant applying for a visa, if they make a request.  

Why you need an English language proficiency exam? 

For students who are applying under the Student Direct Stream will be required to meet the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) specified English language proficiency exam requirements. These requirements are available on this page. [updated April 25, 2023] 

For the regular student permit, the English proficiency requirements differs by program. The Personal Support Worker program for instance requires the student to meet one of the following requirements in case English is not their first language.  

  • NACC Technical Literacy Exam (Exam is implemented at the college) – up to October 23, 2023; or 
  • IELTS – Minimum score of 6.0 with no subject test score lower than 5.5; or  
  • TOEFL – Overall 80 with the minimum in each component (e.g., Reading, Speaking)  
  • CAEL – Overall 60 No section below 60 

Please contact the college if you believe that English is your first language. 

Why do we need equivalence by WES or similar equivalency? 

For educational credentials obtained outside of Canada, it is required that they are verified by the organizations like World Education Services or similar in order to meet admission requirements. The credential equivalence serves all students who undergo the process in the long run, as they may be required time and again while they are in Canada or in North America. A Document-by-Document credential equivalence is easy and convenient, and results may be obtained in few weeks. To know more, please visit the following blog.  

Want to know more! 

Please contact us at info@cchap.ca or the nominated recruitment agent that you have been in touch with.