Electronic Medical Records & OHIP Billing-April 20-21
April 20, 2024
Online Zoom / MS Teams
The Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics (Regd) is pleased to offer the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and OHIP billing hands-on workshop. The program will introduce you to one of the most used EMR program in the Canadian medical office, the OSCAR. The workshop includes theory and hands-on sessions. The program is designed to introduce the concepts, knowledge, and skills needed as a successful Health Office Professional. This course will also enhance your profile, sharpen your transferable skills and prepare you for OHIP billing in Canadian Clinical environment. The program can be very useful for International medical graduates and undergraduate students in health science looking for experience in medical office.
The class will take place entirely online with a limited number of students. It is a 2-day instructor led workshop on Zoom or MS Teams. You will require to have a laptop with MS office installed and a web-browser available. A certificate from the Canadian College of Healthcare and Pharmaceutics will be issued right after the completion of the program.
- Introduction to the components of EMR
- Basics of OSCAR (or similar) Medical Software
- OSCAR (or similar) Scheduling & Encounters
- Booking appointments, physicians dashboard, patient progress notes, managing tasks
- Cumulative Patient Profile (CPP), orders and results, tickler, and disease registry etc.
- CPP- e-referral; electronic documents; writing prescriptions; maintaining prescriptions
- CPP-e-form, creating referral Templates; referral content templates; e-documents